6 Benefits of a 1-to-1 Football Coach
Working with a 1-to-1 coach alongside regular team training is the most effective way for a player to improve their footballing ability and gain an edge on the competition.
- A 1-to-1 coach can complement a team coach and help fill in the gaps of group instruction. Team coaches often struggle to give each player the specific attention they need to truly develop their skills. 1-to-1 coaching puts the player at the centre of the learning rather than the team; consequently, the player is engaged and more likely to learn.
- The training session can be adapted to the players preferred learning style. They will receive instruction that focuses on their technique at a pace they can understand. A private coach will generally have experience of coaching at various age groups and ability levels. Ultimately, they will know the best approach and practices to get their point across.
- The player can progress quicker. The coach can develop a tailored training session focused on specific areas where the player needs the most work.
- Mistakes can be instantly corrected, eliminating the risk of developing bad habits. It is a more flexible, responsive approach to the player’s development.
- A 1-to-1 coach can have a long-term impact on a young players career. In only a few sessions, they may notice an improvement in individual performance and competitive effectiveness, in turn, fuelling confidence.
- The coach can become a mentor figure and a sounding board for frustration. More often than not, a coach will have played the sport for many years and can relate to the difficulties and frustrations of a young player. They can help them overcome these challenges by equipping them with the right tools and by being a great role model.